[aprssig] APRS at Dayton

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun May 14 16:47:31 EDT 2006

I havent seen any planning for the heavy load on the
APRS network at Dayton?  I made several proposals,
before, but haven't gotten any feedback.  I zoom in now
and see the following relative to HARA arena:

-No digis to the North and West
-one Home digi 31 miles to the NE, but no PHG data
-W8MWO digi 19 mi south at 160'

I only see one home station to the NW, maybe W8QNM
that might be a good digi out that way, but he has
no PHG data to see his station performance.

There are several home stations 8 to 10 miles east, but
again, no PHG data to see which one would be best as
a digi (and we would only want ONE)

And I think these digis would best be 1-hop only digis...
And a local 144.99/144.39 digi for pocket trakers at
the site.

Bob, Wb4APR