[aprssig] APRS Irrigation Pipe 55' mast

Paul Zawada engineerz at gmail.com
Fri May 12 21:38:47 EDT 2006

Actually, in electrical line mechanic vernacular, a "hot stick"
doesn't necessarily extend as described below.  Many times a "hot
stick" can be any insulated stick or tong that can be used for
live-line work.  When specifically talking about the telescoping type,
line mechanics usually refer to them as "extendo sticks."  (Which may
come from a trade mark name, but anymore the word is like Kleenex or
Scotch tape.)  So if you are going to hit up your local utility for
one of these sticks when it gets retired, asking for an "extendo
stick" will increase your chances of getting exactly what you want...

--zawada