[aprssig] APRS Irrigation Pipe 55' mast

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu May 11 01:20:13 EDT 2006

At 11:06 PM 5/10/2006, Ray McKnight wrote:

>William Mckean wrote:
> > Around here, Lowes Home Improvement sales a 30 foot pole that collapses
>down
> > to 10 feet; it would be nice to take something like that and add pullies.
> >
>There's another solution as well, not to detract from Bob's invention.
>I don't know the proper name for these, but power utility workers use
>collapsable fiberglass poles to work on high voltage lines.

         Back about a hundred years ago, when I was 10 years old and my dad
was an electrician for Humble oil, they were called "hot sticks".  See
http://www.hfgp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductNumber=S-235 or the bottom of
http://www.uwkinetics.com/U_LitFinger.htm for pictures.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk