[aprssig] APRS path in Western PA....

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Mon May 8 04:42:23 EDT 2006

> APRS is supposed to "inform" not be clueless...

Hi..

Personally, when travelling, if I find a digi or IGate that does what I
need, I couldn't care less about any other facilities it may describe or
have.

There is only so much you can see with just a D7 screen (or even D700)
"mini web pages" or whatever.  Plus the blessed thing wont "Freeze" a
"page" so you can read it, unless you take the antenna off to prevent it
getting blatted by the next packet it hears.

Plus, even when using "An APRS compatible program" on the attached
laptop, and looking at some of the station details, there seems to be so
much variation in the way people describe things as to make it all a bit
of a joke to a non local passing through.

Try doing all that when driving too...  Best to forget it, turn the
stereo up, and revert to "clueless position reporting" for the peep's
back home.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

PS:	As to implying to send Posits when filling with "Gas".  Hmmmm
Hope you don't mean when standing at/near the gas station!...  Search
Google or whatever for "Buncefield".  (Not RF triggered, AFIK, but....)

PPS:	When your "Gas" prices get up to our sort of level, as it surely
will, one day soon...  (About 1UKP/Litre! Do the conversion to USD then
get frightened) Then, you'll have something to complain about.  Till
then, just prepare for the inevitable.