[aprssig] BMW X5 - integrated GPS

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Sun May 7 16:47:20 EDT 2006

 <http://members.cox.net/onstar/> http://members.cox.net/onstar/

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Rikard Sohlberg
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 3:41 PM
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: [aprssig] BMW X5 - integrated GPS

I have just bought a used BMW X5. It has an integrated GPS receiver
(somewhere!?). I will try to mount my new TM-D700 in it. I'm wondering if;

A) Anyone have mounted a TM-D700 in a BMW X5 and want to share experiences,
good and/or bad, difficulties, smart ideas?

And

B) if anyone have managed to use the integrated GPS receiver, is there a
terminal somewhere in the car where NMEA is available?

I have a feeling that if I start asking questions like this down in my BMW
shop, they will return blank stares... At best, give me a 'Don't do it, you
will wreck all systems in the car!'-answer.

73 de

SM0JWX

Rikard/Sweden