[aprssig] D700 Keyboard interface

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu May 4 10:58:07 EDT 2006

The only D700 Keyboard Interface that I know about has some issues - minor,
but some issues.

I was wondering if anyone has thought about a different type of keyboard
interface.

I'm thinking about something with a LCD that accepts keyboard input and then
sends it to the kenwood via the 9 pin com port. This would let you do a number
of things from the keyboard (like change the packet path for example). I would
also want it to display the text that comes back from the kenwood.

The ideal package would be a small-ish (maybe thumb-style) QWERTY keyboard
with the LCD attached. Maybe using something like a palm thumb keyboard as a
starting point:
<http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PA1944&Category_Code=PK>

Has anyone done anything like this?

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
http://mckeehan.homeip.net

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods.
Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never
seen before.
     - Alexander Graham Bell