[aprssig] extra license question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 2 10:02:20 EDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Stan - N0YXV wrote:

> Just exactly what is a "General Personnel Scanners" anyway. :D

B:  They're trying to see if you know what a GPS is I think, by
dreaming up something with the same initials and capitalizing them
to make you notice.  So answer B is incorrect just because nobody
knows what the heck that thing is.

A:  Ken mentioned all the good info about this one.  This is
correct.  Answer A is out.  APRS _could_ theoretically send
telemetry to a hospital, but it isn't used for this and would
require a changes in procedures/training/software/hardware in order
to do this reliably.  So, technically it _is_ possible, but not
probable, and not legal in a lot of cases (personal medical info
again).

That leaves 'C' as the correct answer.