[aprssig] Favorite Tracker

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon May 1 16:44:41 EDT 2006

> Listen to Bill.  I was trying to tell him that for years but he would only
> smile and tell me that if they only changed this and that, he would get one.
> Well Kenwood did not change a thing and now that he got one, he loves it.
> Not only that, he added a D700 to his collection too!
>
> Welcome to the real world Bill.  Hi, hi....

D700/D7 are a pair of incredable radios.  I'm learning new
features almost daily that are of the OH WOW! level.  (Hey Herb,
did you know you can control the D700 in your mobile from the D7?
Or from any other touch-tone radio?)

This all make my original position even stronger.  25 cents of silicon
and a bit of software would make a D700 into the missing silver bullet
of amateur digital communications.  Some day I hope to find a Kenwood
person that cares about selling tens of thousands more radios with only minor
engineering modifications and corner them until they understand the
issues.

In the meantime I'm looking for an enlightened OO to help me
shake things up a bit.  Every APRS packet from a D700 is
"technically" deserving of an OO citation.  Maybe if we get a few
on the books Kenwood will notice and fix that minor (software only)
issue.

As long as I'm raving, here's a great D700 tips and tricks page
by AJ3U that I discovered yesterday.  His mobile SATGATE config
is very cool.

  http://aj3u.com/aprs/tm-d700.php

73
Bill