[aprssig] Favorite Tracker

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Mon May 1 15:15:56 EDT 2006

At 12:57 PM 5/1/2006 -0600, Bill York wrote:
>and not to get too far OT on this, but what about HT rigs for
>tracking? i'm looking to set up a rig on my mountain bike and have
>been looking at the tinytrack3plus/deluo combo. can i hook up a
>cheapie alinco dj-s11t to that?

Certainly. That hand-held uses the "Icom/Yaesu" speaker mic "standard".

You'll need a capacitor a and resistor in the cable assembly to provide a
separate PTT Signal. You could likely power everything off of a small
external battery pack - radio, GPS, and TT.

http://users3.ev1.net/~medcalf/ztx/wire/i2at.html

Offers details of the wiring / parts.