[aprssig] KISS mode definition request

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Mon May 1 14:53:14 EDT 2006

 > Today, virtually all TNCs are used connected to a computer running
specialized software instead of a dumb terminal.

Make that SHOULD be.  There are still a remarkable number of stations not
running KISS.

There ARE times when it's useful to do things directly at a text console.
That's why the T2 has one (it needed a command interpreter for remote
configuration anyway), and I even gave it the ability to do APRS text
messaging from the command line.

I'm going to do my best to have it auto-sense KISS, console mode, NMEA, and
Garmin protocol... but having to support multiple baud rates, and the fact
that Garmin GPS receivers have to be polled to initiate transfers, limits
just how much plug-and-play it can do.

Scott
N1VG