[aprssig] APRS in the National Parks

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon May 1 03:13:53 EDT 2006

Not exactly a NATIONAL PARK but it has similar stature.    I was driving
around Garden Of The Gods Park near Colorado Springs, CO  today (Sunday
31 April).   Some but spotty coverage observed using a D700 at full
power into a Comet SB14 6-2-450 tribander antenna.

East of the park, I-25 seems to have continuous coverage from at least
Colorado Springs, CO through the Denver/Boulder metro area to Cheyenne,
WY.  It's those super-WIDES in the Front Range of the Rockies
overlooking the flatlands of eastern Colorado and the I-25 corridor.

The approach to Rocky Mtn National Park should be totally covered, but I
don't know what happens when you actually get into the park and behind
the Front Range.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

NEW!   JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide