[aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 mic connection

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu Mar 30 21:37:20 EST 2006

This is somewhat APRS related...I want to use my TH-D7 for APRS and voice
while mobile on my motorcycle.

I have an intercom system that will allow me to connect a radio. The intercom
has a 2-prong plug that will plug into many common HT's, but alas, not the
TH-D7.

Is there an adapter that I can get (or build) to go between the common 2-prong
plug and the TH-D7?

The 2-prong plug will connect to an ICom IC-V8 directly or to a Yaesu HT via
the CT-44 microphone adapter. I'm looking for something like the Yaesu CT-44
for the Kenwood TH-D7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
William McKeehan