[aprssig] first.aprs.net DOWN 'til 27 MAR 2006

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:00:36 EST 2006

I've run into some problems bringing up the new hardware on first.  I
will not be able to continue working on the system at this time.  I
cannot back out the hardware changes at this time, either.

first.aprs.net will be down until sometime tomorrow.  The right answer
is to off-load the system disk, copy the javaprsrvr config (yes,
Virginia, I DO have a backup) and reload the OS.  It's running an old
version of the Linux OS and needs refreshing if for no other reason than
to patch some security holes.

I expect to have this done by 1200 CST tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I should have known there'd be something!

Gerry n5jxs