[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types, alternatives

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Mar 25 09:54:26 EST 2006

Yes, that is the main advantage of the New-N paradigm
is that it gave sysops in an area the ability to take
charge of their networks by TRAPS for abusive paths.
BUT the degree of trap "N" is shown in all beacons
from those digis, so that everyone is informed and
the network is consistent with expectations.  Bob, WB4APR

>>> n0yxv at gihams.org 03/24/06 9:06 PM >>>
Just thought of a way that I might agree with Bob's "only the sender
knows...". If the statement was modified to say "Only the sender knows where
he wants to go but only the network knows what's trully possible." As an
example say I wanted a 3 hop count in downtown LA. Well I know what I _want_
to do but the network should know better and trap me down to a single hop
(or whatever they do). As a subscriber to this email list I should know
better than use a 3 hop count in downtown LA but not everybody subscribes to
this email list. As a mobile sender I shouldn't have to carry a Digi
Directory to find out what settings I should use in each area of the
country.