[aprssig] Fill-in Digis

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Mar 24 17:11:23 EST 2006

Yes,
In my opinion, all APRS digis no matter what kind
whould have Dwait set to 0.  Thanks.   Bob

Robert Bruninga wrote:
> 2) But he hears the digi just fine at the same
> distant location.
>
> The FILL-in digi being closer to him will pick up
> his signal quite well and give it a better chance
> of getting into the big digi.    But, being a fill-in
> digi, it will NOT add to the QRM by making
> unneeded copies of 100% of all the other
> traffic on the channel.

Isn't this only true if the Fill-in is configured with dwait=0 so that the
digipeat happens immediately.  Otherwise a group of fill-ins in a hilly area may
create multiple copies while they all politely wait for a quite channel, right?

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW