[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types,alternatives

Stan - N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Thu Mar 23 21:45:02 EST 2006

> None!  Only the sender knows what he needs that
> day, or that trip, or that event.

Really? Under that rule that only the sender knows then what's best we'd
still have paths like these.

A2BCD-9 FB10QG RELAY,RELAY,WIDE,WIDE (Call sign changed to protect the
actual network abuser)

E3FGHI-9 JN66MD IR3UCA*,RELAY,WIDE7-7

K3LMNO-9 JN66MD IR3UCA*,RELAY,WIDE7-7

P3QRST-9 JN66OB IR3UCA*,RELAY,WIDE,WIDE

U2VWXY-9 FB10QG RELAY,RELAY,WIDE,WIDE

AAUBBCC-1 JN33HO TCPIP*,RELAY,WIDE7-7,TRACE7-7,TU5EX-1

DD1EEF-7 DL90TN WIDE,WIDE,RELAY,TRACE

Now did these users actually know what they needed on that day, or that
trip, or that event? Maybe but from the looks of it there are a lot of APRS
users we aren't reaching with the news that "Times are a Changing". I'd
submit that in some of these cases the Digi operator knew more about what
correct path they would need than the sender.

Please don't hate me I'm just trying to point out again that a one size fits
all approach doesn't fit. :-)
---

In the words of Rodney King "Can we get along here? Can we all get along?"