[aprssig] Re: Tracker Smart Pathing: user types, alternatives

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 23 08:42:05 EST 2006

>>> apratt at bestbits.org 03/22/06 10:22 PM >>>
>Here's another:..."I wish to be seen on findu as
>I travel widely  in both urban and remote areas."
>... reason... is domestic tranquility...
> Proportional pathing is not so good for me either.

Two counter arguemnts:

a) But is your wife really looking at FINDU every single
minute when you are   150 miles away working through
3 digiepatrers?  Why is not 8 minute updates in that
scenario just as good 99% of the time (when it saves
QRM to everyone else by a factor of 8)?

b) If your goal -is- FINDU, most packets get into FINDU
via one hop or maybe 2.  So  you would get 2 minute
updates most of the time.  I doubt any wife is watching
for that every 1 minute packet...

So, 8 times the QRM using a fixed rate of 1 minute or
proportional pathing and almost as good most of the
time.

de WB4APR, Bob