[aprssig] Tracker Decaying algorithm

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Thu Mar 23 03:40:25 EST 2006

> That is how APRS was designed (APRSdos).  There
> was no such thing as fixed rates.  Everything that
> did not change, always doubled the period to the
> next transmission.  Positions, Objects, Messages, etc.
[snip]

> No reason why trackers cannot do this too.
Ok, I missed this class.  This does sound like a very good idea,
though smartbeaconing does reduce the number of packets as one slows
down, but not after they stopped.

And I think I now see the simplicity of "Smart Pathing", though it
may not be suitable for all situations.  And I think Allan has done a
nice summary.

Regards
John

--