[aprssig] Slightly OT.

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Tue Mar 21 16:45:01 EST 2006

Hi,

I've inherited a box of junk, inside were two boxes that claim to be
"Internet Shuttle" made by Beacon.  They have a Power Switch and a
small LCD display on the front, two serial ports, ethernet, PS/2 and
parallel on the back.

They have a motherboard inside which is/seems to be
http://www.ucs.co.uk/index.php?pid=1773

And a 262MB laptop Hard drive.

What I was wondering was if anyone on this list is familiar with the
motherboard.  As I was thinking of trying to use one as an I-Gate
(subtly bringing it back on topic) if possible, or at least giving
them something to do rather than throwing them in the bin.

I tried booting the drive in a standard PC and it boots into DOS.  I
had to leave it at that and come home for the evening. Any help
appreciated (or should I just bin them).

Regards
de John
EI7IG

--