[aprssig] Tracker Smart Pathing

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Mar 21 15:03:16 EST 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 12:49 PM, Jason Rausch wrote:

> My biggest gripe is that so many people are convinced
> that if they don't get their packet to the web, they
> have failed!  What kind of logic is that?

Beats me, but I don't know how many times I've tried to convince some
new APRS user of this:

Just because your station shows up on FindU does not necessarily mean
your station is configured correctly.

Just because your station doesn't show up on FindU doesn't necessarily
mean your station is broken.

I hope in my various comments I don't sound disparaging to FindU,
APRS-IS, or the people involved.  They are very useful tools, and maybe
most important of all, they attract new people to amateur radio.  It's
just too bad I can't get my wife to remember that, when she starts
wondering where I'm at, FindU will tell  her. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv