[aprssig] DIN Connectors

Fred Atkinson fred at WB4AEJ.COM
Thu Mar 16 20:30:11 EST 2006

Scott,

     For searching for DIN connectors, I find several different ones and they seem to much alike from their descriptions for me to be sure it is the right one.  I was just hoping that one of you would have a correct part number (one they know to be correct).

     I'll keep at it, I guess.  But I've already got a lot of time invested in it and I'm still not sure which one(s) is/are the right ones.

     73,

                                            Fred, WB4AEJ

--- scott at opentrac.org wrote:

From: <scott at opentrac.org>
Subject: RE: [aprssig] DIN Connectors
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:17:53 -0800

I'm fond of Digi-Key for their parametric search capabilities and technical
information links, but for connectors sometimes there are just too many
options and it can be hard to find what you're looking for.  Jameco's
selection is much narrower, but easier to browse, and where you can count on
Digi-Key to have 300 varieties of DB9 connectors including all sorts of
exotic and expensive variations, Jameco will usually have the 3 most common
ones for a decent price, and they're easier to find and identify by picture.

Mouser's search system bugs me, but it finds lots of cross-reference parts,
and their prices are usually good.  I buy a lot of cases there, and reels of
passives.

They all have pretty good online ordering systems, but as long as you meet
their minimum order, I think Digi-Key generally gives me the best deal on
shipping.

Scott
N1VG