[aprssig] Re: aprssig Reading APRS becons w/Dopplers?

David Odom dodom at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 16 09:50:00 EST 2006

My experience with Doppler does not include APRS connectivity but like Bob
you need to know what is good data and what is not.  I have found being able
to listen to the receiver output will help in determining what is useful
date and what is garbage.

I have participated in a fox hunt almost every month for 3 years and my
Doppler is still in the basement.  So far I am first to the fox as often as
anyone without the hassle of setting up the Doppler.  By the way you can
forget using Doppler with digital signals such as posag paging.  True FSK
confuses the Doppler big time.

Dave
W4VOR