[aprssig] WX converter

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Wed Mar 15 10:51:32 EST 2006

All the standard values are already in the form of
!4159.78N/08747.78W_306/009g018t039r000p000P000h41b10170pU2k
or as the option in the form of
_03120925c236s014g044t066r000p074P060h41b09935pU2k
Information in the status is just for immediate lookup about weather trends
>+1.4hPa
in the future (not yet implemented)
>+1.4hPa 57F at 13:43 33F at 05:12 125.87"
So, this is just for stations on the road without computer or for simple
checking. All such data could be already find in the basic wx packet (baro,
temp, rain etc.) and handled in many other ways on the computers. Info in
the status is intended for quick lookup.

Another question is about pU2k. Is that available? I know U2k is for
Ultimeter 2000. What about p? What I could find d is for DOSAPRS, w for
WinAPRS, t for WX Trak, O for Open Tracker and some others. I would like
confirm p is not already used for any other APRS WX program.
73
Andy