[aprssig] Compressed position + wx data

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 15 00:01:06 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Matt Werner wrote:

> Can someone tell me what could be wrong with this packet:
>
> 20060315030920,KB0KQA>APX181,DULUTH*,WIDE3-2,qAR,KA0TMW-1:
> =/6d9G70,R_{;C322/000g000t017r000P000p000b10181XU2k

Near as I can tell without digging out the spec it looks correct.

You have the '=', a symbol table character, four lats, four longs, a
symbol of '_' (weather), then 3 bytes at the end of the compressed
position (didn't look to see if those are course/speed or something
else, but three bytes there is correct).  After that comes the
weather stuff and it looks correct to me.

> Neither findu or aprsworld decode it correctly.  It shows up on
> findu's error page.  Aprsworld decodes the position but interprets the
> weather (and part of the compressed packet) as status.

If you bring in the track data from findu for that station does it
decode correctly in Xastir?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer