[aprssig] announcing the APO3

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Sat Mar 11 17:43:21 EST 2006

Hello group,

About this time last year I introduced the APO2 to protect vehicle batteries
from being discharged by radios left on. Today I'm pleased to announce the
latest-and-greatest, the APO3.

APO3 is a black box designed to prevent a vehicle battery from being
discharged and damaged by a DC load. Typically it is used to switch a radio
transceiver off 10 minutes after the vehicle is shut off.

This is for use with mobile APRS stations. It allows the radio to transmit a
few position reports after the vehicle is shut off and then it turns off the
radio and GPS to reduce clutter on the APRS channel and prevent the vehicle
battery from discharging.

I'm offering assembled and tested APO3's, kits, and all of the technical
information you need to build your own APO3 and not pay me a dime. :-)

http://aprsworld.com/apo3/

Thanks and 73's,

-James Jefferson Jarvis KB0THN
jj at aprsworld.net