[aprssig] New Exam Question Pool

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 00:15:38 EST 2006

This is a question on the new Technician question pool.

T6C03 (D)

What item is required along with your normal radio for sending
automatic location reports?

A. A connection to the vehicle speedometer
B. A connection to a WWV receiver
C. A connection to a broadcast FM sub-carrier receiver
D. A global positioning system receiver

I understand that D is probably the best answer, but is D really a correct
answer?  My station at home is automatically set to send a location report
every 30 minutes and I don't use a GPS receiver with it.  I just input the
lat/long coordinates in my UI-View32 setup menu.  My D-STAR gateway also
transmits its position every 20 minutes in the D-STAR low-speed digital mode
without being connected to a GPS receiver.

--
John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas