[aprssig] APRS DFing final result

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:34:37 EST 2006

This DF event was a good lesson.  The OMNI-signal
system works, but I was 50 miles off because I made
two mistakes:
1) Assumed a typical fox or mobile with limited range
2) Jumped to conclusion too quickly with only 3 data points.

The 4th report that came in instantly invalidated the
original guess and also indicated not a small, limited
range jammer, but a big one high up and far off.

See the final solution now plotted in the 3 consequitive
links in the 4th paragrpah of the APRS DFing page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/dfing.html

end of drill.
Bob, WB4APR