[aprssig] RINO Position decoding (new subj)

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Mar 9 04:28:38 EST 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote two lines on March 8 2006

> Yes, but what useful range do you get?  I find
> I can yell almost as far as these radios work.  ?

<whine>That left another 120 lines of quoted text below there. OK,
knock off 3 lines for the SIG mailing list info, but is it really
necessary to have nearly 120 lines of quoted text (from multiple
senders!) below your reply? Why not trim the quoted text to leave just
what is necessary and then add your comment below? I may be singling
you out, but then there the one line "yes" "no" or "OK Thanks" replies
from others with just as much quoted text. It can be a real time saver
for others on the list if you get rid of the extraneous text before
you click on  the "send" button - and a real space saver for those
that keep all of the messages.</whine>

Re Rino's... I don't have one, but do have a couple of Motorola
"Talkabout" FRS radios. I find they are useable to about 2-3 km in
more or less level but treed terrain, but signal strength drops off
quickly when there is a hill in the way. However, from hill-top to
hill-top, the signal is still quite useable at 6 km. Of course, that
was with voice, not data.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH