[aprssig] RINO Position decoding (new subj)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 8 11:55:04 EST 2006

>>> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> 03/08/06 9:43 AM >>>
>We had a user that required RINO support and
>that was the only wayto do it at the time.
>Sorry that it derailed your effort.

Sorry, didnt mean it to sound that way.  I was all
excited at yor approach and it was the best way
to get the capability.  I even bought 3 radios so
I could have two in the field and use one as the
central receiver.  But my recent sesnsitivity tests
of FRS radios in general and the RINO shows that
with 5W HT's, we can generally do 10 to 15 dB
better with HAM radios, and so I think it might be
time to go back and re-look at decoding the data
directly.

Has your customer been happy with the range
of the RINO in his application?  or did the short
range dampen his enthusiasm for the radios?

Bob