[aprssig] N3HGB-1 DIGI questions

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Tue Mar 7 17:52:29 EST 2006

I got a hold of a Kenwood TR2600A H/T to make into a digi at my house
(N3HGB-1).
4 questions:
1 - UIVIEW-32,  APRS+SA, or ??? for the software. I already have the
first two.
2 - Looking at my location, low power (3 watts, J-Pole about 20 ft HAAT)
or get something with more?
3 - See #1, but if I can't do WIDEN-N, should I have an alias of WIDE1-1?
4 - Will the Kenwood run on straight 12 volts or do I need to reduce it
to the 8.4 the battery supply would have been? My Icom H/T will run on
anything from 7 to 14, but I can't find a spec on the Kenwood anyplace.

Thanks!
Joe N3HGB