[aprssig] FS: DRSI ISA dual channel packet card

John Hansen hansen at fredonia.edu
Sun Mar 5 21:59:56 EST 2006

Boy that brings back memories.  I had one of those and I built a couple
of TAPR 9600 baud modem kits to go with them.  At the time the TAPR
directions on how to interface them with an external modem didn't work
quite right and I had to learn about clocking synchronous serial signals
to get them to work.  I think I really tried Lyle Johnson's patience
with all the questions I asked him.  There were 3 models of DRSI
boards:  type I, type II and type III.  They each actually had 2 TNC's
on each board.  You could get them with 2 1200 baud modems, with one
1200 baud modem and one designed for an external modem, or with two that
were both designed for external modems.  I think the latter was the type
3 board.  It worked real well on a bbs with 2 9600 baud modem.  Wow,
those were the days.... thanks for the memories.

John W2FS