[aprssig] TH-D7A speaker/mic pinouts

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Mar 5 14:11:21 EST 2006

I'm looking at my D7's manual (page 96) and it's got a diagram showing the
2.5mm speaker jack with the middle conductor connected to four switches with
resistors for 'remotely controlling equipment.'  I can't find any other
references to what this is supposed to do.  Does anyone know?

I'd like to find out if there's anything useful that can be done with it,
and I'm also thinking of getting a batch of right-angle connectors with the
Kenwood speaker/mic configuration.  Can anyone tell me if most Kenwood HTs
have room to accept a right-angle connector?  I know I've got Icom and Yaesu
HTs that don't.

Scott
N1VG