[aprssig] Cable Harness for Digipeater

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Wed Mar 1 22:22:27 EST 2006

generally, with regards to the Mac you are correct. Office is
generally on a 2 year cycle, offset by a year between platforms,
Office 2003 then whatever that was they release in 2005 for Win and
Office 2004 and now Office 2006 for Mac. So Mac is a year behind on
some features but often leaps ahead when its version comes out. The
Mac BU at M$oft is a separate unit and despite similarities in
appearance its two almost totally divorced code bases. I dunno where
you heard that M$oft is D/Cing Office Mac, last I heard they promised
five more years. Further, with regards to PowerPoint, Apple's Keynote
can handle anything PP can dish up and then some. Any Keynote
presentation can be "Save As"-ed and be cleanly dumbed down to
PowerPoint standards.

PowerPoint is indeed mostly Windows centric, but none the less used
widely in the Mac world. Powerpoint and  .ppt files have become
something of a 'standard' presentation format. Just as Excel and .xls
files have for spreadsheets. Like it or not, its the reality of the
matter.

But as said earlier the point is that rather than PowerPoint a JPEG/
GIF/PNG/PDF would have been more appropriate or that individuals
hookup diagrams.