[aprssig] Knoxville digi

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 30 10:49:51 EDT 2006

>This [old WIDE also] digi's SS as well....

Ah, these kinds of old digis can be upgraded to support the
New-N Paradigm without any change in hardware and even
without a visit to the site if the owner rememeber his remote
logon password..  These kinds of digis need simply change the
existing aliases from RELAY, WIDE, TRACE and SS...
to  WIDE1-1, WID2-2, WIDE2-1, and WIDE3-3

> And give it an overlay of "P" and put "W1,2,3 one-hop only."
> in its comment field. and change its UNPRPTO path to
> APNPxx VIA WIDE2-1.

and that is about it.  But I agree.  It is not worth pushing
a reticent owner too far...  THis post is not directed at the
original digi in question, but just a reminder to all the other
APRS users how easy it is to upgrade some of the old R/W/T
Paccomm digis to the New-N paradigm without necessarily
changing the hardware...

Bob