[aprssig] What sort of events have you been using APRSwith?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jun 27 15:47:13 EDT 2006

> My mistake.  As Curt points out, the information is placed
> *next* to the
> symbol, and cannot be turned off (as can be most other pieces of info
> about objects and stations).  Nobody actually creates and sends out
> such objects around here and I'd never seen the behavior
> until I tried it
> out just now --- I was basing my statement on some

It might be a little difficult to squeeze the signpost code into the
standard OT firmware without dropping something else.  There's also the
question of what to name the object.  If there's any interest I'll pursue it
further.  It'll count just about any sort of contact closure, with a
programmable reset time.  You can count button presses, or use a sensor for
automated monitoring.  It'll also optionally reset with every transmission,
so you could hook it up to a Geiger counter and transmit once per minute to
get a counts-per-minute reading.

So far I don't think a lot of people are using it, but maybe if it was a
little easier to see the data on a map (like with the signpost) then it'd be
more widely used.

Scott
N1VG