[aprssig] APRS Demo

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 27 09:08:17 EDT 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Joel Maslak wrote:

> Tonight, at an event unrelated to technology and ham radio, I was
> able to demo APRS (and ham radio in general).  This event asked
> participants to bring some stuff related to their personal interests,
> so I grabbed a laptop, a D7, an iambic paddle, and a keyer.

I have to ask, how do I set up the iambic paddle to do 1200-baud
AFSK?  Do you have to keep a copy of the AX.25 spec handy?  ;-)

Hey, good deal on the demo.  I wouldn't have worried about the
temporary digi for that short time either.  You do what you must for
demo's and classes, and hope/pray that what you brought will work AT
ALL!  I often try to bring double the equipment that I need, hoping
that I can make one instance work properly.