[aprssig] Tier 2 Update

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Thu Jun 22 17:35:06 EDT 2006

Sounds like the sysops of first, second, and third.aprs.net "hold the keys"
to Tier1 themselves.  In the long view, it's likely best that the keys are
not all held by any individual ham.  hi hi

But this discussion _has_ been interesting.  Thanks to all for sharing your
feelings (and better here than on the amateur airwaves.  hi hi)  It's also
worth pausing to remember the big picture which is that Steve, Pete, Dick,
Bob, and so many others have all contributed untold hours of labor,
countless dollars, and massive amounts of positive energy to create and
maintain this fantastic (distributed) resource we all benefit from.  A true
labor of love.  Thanks, folks!
73, Cap KE6AFE

***************
>From The ARRL Letter, Vol. 25, No. 21, May 26, 2006
<snip>
==>RILEY HOLLINGSWORTH TO AMATEUR RADIO COMMUNITY: "LIGHTEN UP!"
<snip>
In Hollingsworth's view, radio amateurs all too often are hypersensitive and
rude. "We have a radar going to detect offenses at all times, we assume the
worst in people, we rarely give people the benefit of the doubt," he said.
He joked that if there were three amateurs in a town, there would be two
Amateur Radio clubs.
<snip>