[aprssig] Re: aprsd Mic-E Problem..was passcode

Gerhard F5VAG f5vag at nerim.net
Thu Jun 22 07:58:11 EDT 2006

Ron,

As I say on my page, it is not necessarily the igate that
mangles the Mic-E beacon. There are some trackers out there
that send bad Mic-E from the origin.

I can't easily distinguish it from here. Sorry.

The only way to find out is to look at that station's beacon
with aprsdec before it goes through your gate and compare
it with the gated beacon.

aprsdec can be found here:
http://www.tapr.org/~g3nrw/

--