[aprssig] PDF Reader - Small

carltt at bellsouth.net carltt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 21 22:05:05 EDT 2006

 Free *Slim* PDF Reader
Speaking of "Symantecification" (above) there's also "Adobefication:" Look at how bloated what once was a simple, small PDF reader has become. As a result, a number of people have produced smaller, simpler tools that do what the original Adoba Acrobat Reader did--- let you read PDFs, period.

Here's an especially compact example:

Fred, A friend of mine just told me about Foxit  PDF Reader

"Foxit Reader Free! A free reader/viewer/printer for PDF documents. Unlike Adobe? Reader, our program is only 1megabyte and runs instantly without installation."

As an alternative to a 20MB Adobe Reader, it's very attractive.

It's available from http://www.foxitsoftware.com/