[aprssig] Tier 2 Status

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Jun 21 21:16:59 EDT 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 7:47 PM, AE5PL Lists wrote:

> My statement was directed towards port 23.  All core servers also
> support port 10152 which is a full feed.

It really does not matter that people use 23 rather than 10152, I do
not see a reason to differentiate them. I do believe that even though
the outgoing high port filtering does not affect a lot of people, it
would be wrong to eliminate port 23 support, because some people
still access.

> I stand by my prior statements that _most_ people running clients and
> IGates have no desire to "drink from the firehose" and are actually
> interested in very specific portions of the APRS-IS feed.

I never argued otherwise. Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you were
saying that full feed ports should not be used.

Steve K4HG