[aprssig] Digi EPROM

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 16:03:56 EDT 2006

fred at wb4aej.com wrote:
>      Well, the digipeater TNC seems to be talking to my PC when I connect to it through the serial interface.  But there aren't any command prompts.  Am I right to assume it is in eternal KISS mode?
>
>      I suspect that I need to connect to it via another TNC with the password to turn digipeating on/off, etc..
>
>      73,

In KISS mode, the TNC   IS NOT handling the digipeating duties.  The
program on the PC communicating via KISS is.    To shut down
digipeating, you have to disable it in the program, not the TNC.

The whole point of KISS mode is for the TNC to act like a dumb modem.
There is no command interpreter in KISS mode.  The only "command" a KISS
TNC responds to is the one to exit KISS mode, which is usually the three
character sequence of the ASCII characters having the values  192, 255,
192  .

Normally a KISS-mode program will issue these automatically when you
exit the program.    Or you can type them in by hand from a terminal
program.  Note that you will by typing in the blind since the KISS
interface normally doesn't echo anything

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

NEW!   JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide