[aprssig] Re: TIGER maps what-s the problem?

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Jun 17 17:23:57 EDT 2006

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> 12)  Dead reckoning so that moving objects keep moving and
>       conveyed unambiguously to the viewer

Just curious... what happens if the mobile station just parks and turns
his "tracker" off? Does dead reckoning make it keep going in APRSdos, or
does the QRT station eventually stop somewhere on your map? Or is it only
if the station is moving at a non-zero speed when last heard that APRSdos
decides to "dead reckon" the QRT station's position?

I should have changed the subject. I've lost track of why the thread had
something to do with TIGER maps.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH