[aprssig] Vicinity Plotting in the original APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 16 19:40:22 EDT 2006

>>> ka0azs at earthlink.net 06/16/06 6:56 PM >>>
>Often, SOME information, no matter how imprecise, is better
>than NO information, so as long as you can quantify the
>precision (or lack  thereof) of the data

Thanks for that comment.  And that is exactly why the original
APRS design provided for the transmission in every packet of the
degree of precision or lack there-of in every position.  ANd
also then the unequivocal display of that same degree of
precision or lack there-of on receipt to all viewers.

Thanks.  I think most of the follow-on APRS programs are
mature enough now that hopefully therer will be time to get
around to incorporating this important fundamental aspect
of APRS.

thanks for the comment
de WB4APR, Bob