[aprssig] Re: TIGER maps what-s the problem?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Jun 16 09:16:27 EDT 2006

On Jun 15, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Each different maping system has to be understood
> by the code writer inorder to draw it on the PC.  Therefore he
> should have an idea about the map accuracy

That's a huge leap - that misses by a mile, IMO.  The developer needs
to know details of the _format_ of the map data.  The format does not
necessarily tell one _anything_ about the _quality_ of a particular
data set.

Iff the data format gives some clue about the quality of the data, then
the developer may be expected to pass that along to the user in some
way.

What you just implied, Bob, is that if I create some horrendously
inaccurate APRSdos map, then it is _your_ fault, as the APRSdos
developer, for not telling the user...

-Jason
kg4wsv