[aprssig] APRS for Aircraft?

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Jun 16 03:57:45 EDT 2006

--- Snip from website ---

A few years ago a satellite called PCSAT (left) was launched which
allowed ham radio operators to send signals over great distances.

--- End Snip---

A "few" years ago???   Remember Oscars 6, 7, 10 etc (10 is still up
there and sometimes is of limited use)   Amateur Satelites are nothing
new, just that amateur "data" satelites are new-ish, though I guess some
would dispute that too.  Remember the Russian CW "Robots"?

Try also a wwwsearch for "Mode S" in regards to Aircraft APRS-like (to
try and stay on toppic!) stuff.

Cheers All..

Dave G0WBX.