[aprssig] Test program using MapSource Maps

Brady Bradysmall at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 12 23:38:36 EDT 2006

I'm in the mists of writing an Map Point App that will run fast.

Since all the apps that I have found just shove all the data they get into
map point all at once, it gets REALLY SLOW.

I'm taking a different approach, watch the window and only update the
stations that are currently visible. Just like UI-View does.

Map point allows you to keep an collection of "push pins", and it would just
be a matter of destroying the collection and re-creating it as the user
moves around the map. A total refresh of the collection on a zoom, or adding
removing as the user scrolls out of the area.

Of course my app would have to keep a list of all the stations that it
hears, and only updates the push pin collection in mappoint as the user does
what ever since mappoint chokes at more than 200+ stations, usable but slow.

Brady
KI4NBY