[aprssig] Test program using MapSource Maps

Stan - N0YXV n0yxv at gihams.org
Mon Jun 12 22:53:09 EDT 2006

Just wondering if there is some kind of glitch?

Your program shows me located at;
N0YXV-1 1.50 Miles at 56.8 degrees to Parkview, NE, County of Hall

and Findu.com shows me located at;
Position of N0YXV-1 --- 2.8 miles southwest of Grand Island, NE

Never heard of Parkview, NE but I have heard of and do live in Grand Island,
NE. I Google Parkview NE and only came up with a well site but not a town.
Hears a quote; "The Parkview Well site is located near the southwest corner
of the city of Grand Island (the City) in Hall County, Nebraska." That well
location would match up with your description above.

(Maybe somebody will chime and correct my lack of local history but I simply
can't find or have any knowledge of a Parkview, NE. Lets hope this thread
doesn't go the way of "Findu.com off 100 miles..." :-D )