[aprssig] Aprs used during fire

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Jun 12 14:57:13 EDT 2006

No, I saw the display of the radio, and for certain it said 3040.  Thanks for info though.. I didn't know they used 30mhz.  maybe it was 34.3040?  It was the size of a large HF rig with a gooseneck stud mounted antenna that you could bend so the driven element was vertical, and the driven element was a piece of O.D. carpenter's tape about 3' long.  The radio had a battery back on the rear end of it.  But alas, I guess I was just suprized that a radio op wouldn't know more about his radio.
Wes