[aprssig] APRS & IRLP / Echolink

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Mon Jun 12 00:58:43 EDT 2006

I assume that the APRS Status script has to be run on each IRLP node for
this to work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What I was thinking was one instance of an Application/Script that would
have information on all IRLP/Echolink nodes world wide. It would be great if
it was something like an information Kiosk that gave you the closest 2 or 3
Nodes based on your location posit. The IRLP/Echolink information could
automatically be gathered from the appropriate systems. (You could choose
what was appropriate for your local area to pas to RF)

This is the type of Application/Script that I thought might be available.

Here in Australia the APRS station density is pretty low, the highest being
about 50 stations in a 500Km radius.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK