[aprssig] Feeding multiple stations into one for digipeating?

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sun Jun 11 17:08:09 EDT 2006

Robert Bruninga wrote:

>TO set up a multi-receive site APRS central digi:
>1) Set main digi to input on 144.99 and TX
>    on 144.39 supporting WIDEn-N
>2) Set remote receive sites to listen on 144.39
>    and TX on 144.99 supporting WIDE1-1 only.
>Result would be
>a) Priority access to all locals in range of any of the receivers.
>b) Each lower remote receiver would hear less DX QRM
>b) Nothing from anywhere else would get through since they
>    would have to go through a WIDE1-1 to get to the main digi.
>An interesting arrngement with minimal hardware and
>only operating normally 144.39 but with + and - 600 offsets.
>A unique result which may have some alpplicaion in some
>area for a special event.
>
>Bob, Wb4APR

And I would also add, since I am also in the area that Pat is
discussing, the BIG tall transmitter would be transmitting without ever
listening to the busy local area network on 144.390. This is rediculous!!!

When the low level WIDE1-1 would send each packet on 144.990, then the
digipeater in question would immediately transmit that packet without
any regards to other traffic on 144.390. Ludicrous!

_IF_ you would add another "hold off" reciever on 144.390 up on the tall
digipeater, then it probably would not transmit at all.. That would be
fine with me, :-) This area is too busy to also add a tall big
digipeater transmitting blindly on 144.390..

Robbie